Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Hugs

I keep thinking that the days are going to get more eventful and then nothing seems to happen. I don't know how. Anyway, today I got paid! So now I have money to buy stuff. I'm not really sure what stuff I'm meant to buy. I always went shopping with my mum on Saturdays but she bought stuff for 6 people and it was priced in Sterling. I haven't bought anything here yet and the dollar is still a mystery to me. I'm going to have to get someone to come with me!

Also, today I had a few things revealed to me. One is I have to work out my testimony for Wednesday night. I know everyone has one and I've already worked through mine a few times but I still think that it's not very impacting, but then maybe that is part of my character. I like being in the background but I guess I'm going to have to take a few steps into the light. (Just got reminded of "Bugs Life"- I don't want to die!)

Another thing was that Charlie decided today was a good day for the relationships talk..In the confines of a car. It wasn't that bad cause I know my focus here and I've already got a complicated enough lovelife just from leaving the country so I'm not exactly looking for a guy. Whatever happens, happens but I'm not about to make any big decisions without praying them through. I'm kind of thinking it won't be an issue cause I'm not exactly looking my most attractive at the moment and somehow I just don't care. Maybe that's cause I'm happy as long as I'm not melting and my eyes don't feel like they are going to dry up. ( Thus the skirts and glasses.) I'm sure I look like a complete dork.

My dad phoned me today and I was so glad to get to talk to him. Funny thing is that I talk to him more now than I did when I was at home. That's probably cause I didn't have as many concerns at home and I don't have as many people to talk to about stuff. I miss the true way we communicate though -hugs. I know I really need to find a new thing but I just love hugs. On Sunday Rad Orlandis came up to me and gave me a hug. Totally out of the blue cause I've never met him before. It was nice though and notice how I remember his name...isn't it impressive? Not only do I remember his first name, I remember his last name and the fact that he's a dentist (cosmetic...very rich) and his wife is called Pat. See? Hugs are powerful.

Ok, so now that I've proved my insanity, perhaps I should talk about other key things in my life. As I said before my sister was very sick. She's still not 100% and is quite likely to take another fit before she comes off the antibiotics, but she's taking a break in Donegal at the moment so hopefully she'll get better soon.
I haven't heard much about my brother. I have a really cute picture of us as kids and that's about the only contact I have with him cause he's in Aberdeen so my mum can't force him to talk to me, although she did try and put the mobile to the handset while she was talking to us both. Hopefully after this year we'll be even better at getting along without wanting to start World War 2 million and 1. I think that's what we are at now but I lost count.
My other sister is spending a lot of time at home bugging my parents. I love her but sometimes I just can't stand her. As I've said before I love hugs, but she is totally clingy sometimes and I need to get some space from her. I'm really hoping that this year will bring us closer together and will make me appreciate her more.

Oh that reminds me. I'm meant to make a list of things I want to "change" about myself through this year. Apart from the babbling, is there anything you think I could work on? I know I need a confidence boost and positivity would not go a miss, but other than that I'm pretty much stuck.

Anyway, as per usual I'm being antisocial and I've already written a whole lot more than I would have thought possible. I'm going to go now and leave you all to think of improvements for me! Thanks.

Hope you are all well.

1 comment:

roast honey said...

its great to read your comments, it was exactly the same when i went away for a year. My mum told me she loved me and i had never heard it at home before (although obviously i knew it!)