Friday, September 24, 2004

Cheer up Sleepy Jeanne

Unfortunately Jeanne is not asleep. She's moving towards my location as I type. Somehow I'm not as freaked as I would have imagined. I am somewhat tense though.

I've been told she isn't as strong as Frances. It's not really very reassuring to me though. Frances did a lot of damage, but a well placed Jeanne could do equally well. It's also not reassuring that Port St Lucie was mentionned on the news. Last time it wasn't, so that kind of says it's coming straight to us.

I phoned home yesterday and my parents weren't concerned at all. I'm wondering if that was a front so that I wouldn't be more hyped up about it. Or perhaps they just really trust Margaret and Charlie. I trust them too so I'm just going to follow their lead.

It's kind of annoying though as all the fun things this weekend have been cancelled. I was really looking forward to going to the pool, sunbathing and spending some time with Molly and Susan. It was going to be a fun girly day. And then there was going to be an overdue welcome party as Frances pushed it back. And of course the community picnic (that I made a flyer for!) was meant to be on Sunday afternoon.

Instead I'll get to hang out with Jen and Ron though so I guess it'll be fun anyway. A hurricane party is somewhat odd though.

Anyway, I just thought I should let you all know about Jeanne's visit and that we might lose power (though Jen and Ron have a generator). If we do lose power though I'll probably not get to update, so don't worry. I'll come back with an update asap.

Please pray for the safety of Florida.. There are many people who haven't recovered from Frances and their homes are at a high risk.

Thanks. Enjoy the better weather where you are!

xo.

No comments: