Thursday, September 16, 2004

The American Intern

Hey everybody...or that one lonely person who reads this. I have no idea how many people do but it doesn't really matter, cause it gets stuff off my chest and people get to find out about what it's like to be an American intern.

Today was another early start with a creak in my neck. I went to a meeting with the Sunday School superintendent (Dawn...She'll be my second mum soon, or is that first "mom"?). She's going to take me out to lunch next Thursday so we can discuss all the stuff I'm meant to do for her. Meanwhile I literally get to be Charlie's shadow. Betty commented today on how much I was just like a shadow. I'm aiming for the puppy dog look though.
I went to a crazy old woman's house to clear her lawn from hurricane debris. She actually was crazy...Apparently very similar to the woman from the exorcist. I've never seen it but all the youth told me that. Creepy.

Then it was back to the office to finish cutting the invitations. I was told that the guillotine needs oil. To which I replied "To set it on fire?" I really hate it that much. But it's done and in future I'll agree to the computer work and leave the other stuff to someone who isn't as easily irritated by a machine that makes a worse noise than nails on a blackboard.

This evening will be a repeat of last night's youth. Testimony included. I'm not sure if I can do it twice, but I'll just remember that God is always there. Just like socks. Though I'm not wearing socks here cause it's too hot!

I really do hope you are all well. I miss so much from home, but people the most. I phone my parents way too often but I can't phone most of my friends. Any contact would be great!

No comments: