Friday, October 08, 2004

Driving

I am meant to be doing an online driving test at the moment. There are 4sections, each one hour long. I can't go on to the next section until the hour is up even though I've already finished reading it and would quite like to just get it all over with.

I'm kind of having one of those annoying thought moments when I realise that me wanting time to go faster so that I can get this quiz over with is fighting with the part of me that wants time to stop so I can stay this age for ever. And yet, why do I want to stay this age? I don't know but I'm a little bit freaked about turning 19. I don't feel 19 and I don't look it either. I'm still adjusting to being 18, in fact I didn't get used to 17 either. It's so weird how time goes so fast and yet can also go so slow.

This weekend I'm going to get to sunbathe some more. Which should be good cause I'm milk white still. I've only got a few more freckles that normal, but they are really small so no one would notice. I quite need to get some more colour before people come to visit and then slag me. Plus I want to go to the beach and apparently I'll just burn if I don't get some colour first.

I really want to go for a walk but I can't leave the test cause it will sign me out. So I'm just going to type more as my only form of entertainment.

I think I'm going to spend some time this weekend writing. At home I would spend loads of time writing poetry and fanfiction (short stories based on other ideas such as movies, books etc). I've tried to do some here but I don't have the same amount of time or creativity. I guess I'm using some of it up when I write emails and journal entries. The rest of it must just be dampened by my tiredness and being busy. Not that I mind being busy. I think it's quite refreshing to have some responsibility and different tasks to do. Anything is better than just sitting here watching time tick by.

I guess I also should do some driving this weekend. It'll be weird here cause the driving seat is on the other side, they drive on the other side and the cars are automatic.

No comments: