Monday, October 18, 2004

BIRTHDAYS

So I've not been very good at keeping this updated. I'm sorry! Life seems to have got more hectic- or just less organised since I've started seperating my time to kids and youth work. But I do feel that I need to make time to write and I should be able to do that now cause the Stannis computer is fixed.
Yesterday was quite an exciting day... it was my 19th birthday! Still scared to say it was my 19th but birthdays are still cool. I went to church in the morning and we had cupcakes in the sunday school class- or buns! They were yum. Chocolate and vanilla frosting (with chocolate chips!) Charlie and Margaret came to visit our class with exciting news. I'd already guessed but it was still exciting! I guess you'd want to know too... Margaret is pregnant!! And better still is that they're hoping to have the baby before I leave! Yay! I'm so excited! As you can tell by all the exclamation marks!

Anyway, we went to youth for a little time last night and I wasn't allowed in for ages. I kind of guessed at that point that it might have something to do with my birthday. There was a gorgeous chocolate cake - can you guess I like chocolate? Everyone was so nice and I got loads of cards. Margaret and Charlie bought me the Purpose Driven Life Journal. I think it's really exciting and can't wait to get into it though I don't want to mess it up with my writing. Jen and Ron got me a really cute candle holder and candles that smell like Autumn apparently. I also got a really cute birthday book from the Chutes-which has lots of little phrases to make getting old seem better. I never thought I'd really need something to make birthdays seem better but it's just all too scary from now on.

Then we went to dinner. We went to a Japanese restaurant where they cook at your table. Hector, our chef, did some tricks which were pretty cool. It was all fun and exciting. We then came back home to open presents. I got lots of stuff for scrapbooking (and now have some birthday pictures) and 2 gorgeous tops. Also a cool book that I'm meant to read at christmas time. Christmas seems so far off but I guess it's not.

A really cool thing was that I got to know Christine and Kathy better. Christine says she's getting a third sister. How many siblings would that mean I have? Six? Wow, big family. But it was still nice that she said it. I drove with Kathy so we got to chat about stuff and she really is lovely. I'm so glad I've got the opportunity to be part of their family.

2 comments:

Charlie said...

frikkin cool polly

I am so proud of you

charlie

Nicky said...

Happy Birthday for yesterday!I did actually remember but jst didnt remeber to email! Sorry but it Sounds like u had a great day! Love ya! xxx