Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Catch up

I didn't have any time to write over the weekend. Saturday was spent hanging out with Becca and Dawn. We spent some time searching for bugs for Becca's project and laying in the sun and some shopping.

I've noticed that a really big thing here is scrapbooking. I've decided to make a scrap book of my year here- which means I need to take some pictures. I figured that this weekend would be a good time to start as I'll be spending time with people for my birthday, plus I'm sure it's something I'll want to remember.

Scrapbooking is also something I can talk to some of the youth about. Becca, Kathy and Holley are just a few of the people who like it. Plus you can buy these really cute stickers for it.

Yesterday and today I've been feeling somewhat ill. Apparently it's due to allergies but it feels more like the flu. I'm keeping on keeping on though. Lots of stuff to be done, such as talking about Spiritual Gifts on Thursday. I'm going to be helping Charlie with it at Youth and I'm feeling a bit out of my depth. He trusts me to be able to do it and I'm sure that I can (I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me) but I also feel that Charlie would do such a better job at it. I've never done anything like it before except my attempt at a children's address at cssm. It was funny! I'm not even going to say what happened then cause it would just confirm that I'm not going to do very well on Thursday. But I'll try anyway and hopefully I'll have the opportunity to find a new gift- or at least some ability to be a teacher.

No comments: