Sunday, March 20, 2005

A vague update

So I'm back after a weekend of God and then a week of being sick (again- it's getting old for me too!) and of course St Patrick's day fun.

The weekend was cool. I can't tell you much cause it was so amazing that I really want everyone of my Christian friends to go on it. Life changing. But I can tell you that I really felt God and my relationship with Him will never be the same again. My life will be changed as a result of that deepened relationship.

My week was pretty laid-back. Monday night was a witness meeting for Eggstravaganza next week. It's going to be the only Easter event I've ever been to except for Anna Elliott's baking day last year. Chocolate and baking- what more could you want?

Tuesday night was the Leadership dinner meeting. About 130 church leaders had a really nice meal together and we listened to music and sang a bit. At this point my throat and ears were really sore but I needed to test if I could sing. A little bit but it hurt a lot and that kind of worried me.

Wednesday I practiced singing with Charlie and I made it through the whole song- How deep the Father's love for us. Charlie is going to play piano (that is if I actually have to sing- I mostly hope not.) Then I rested. Rest is good.

Thursday was obviously St Patrick's day so I wore a really cute green top with a Care Bear and four-leaf clover on it. I don't normally like green but it was quite nice on and I didn't look ill. Okay I did but that's cause I was. Care College had 4 little duckling and a bunny in. Very, very cute. I wanted to take one home but then reminded myself that there were evil pets at home and ducklings become ducks.

Thursday was also Dawn's birthday though we didn't go to dinner until tonight. It was a really nice dinner and I think it might tie me over for another few months so I won't get too homesick. Time's flying though.

I had to escape on Wednesday to have the opportunity to buy Dawn a present, but I really think she liked it. I wanted to get something that was just for her but she really doesn't do anything just for her. She's too nice! I bought her a mahogany photo frame though (and of course chocolate) and she seemed to like it. She has so many photographs and they are all displayed so nicely. She even has one from my birthday dinner in the office.

Friday I was meant to go with the family to Blizzard Beach in Disney, Orlando. However I was still sick so I didn't think it was a good idea to go to a water park, especially since it was meant to be cold. So I stayed home! It was such a lovely relaxing day. I woke up at like 8 but then I just stayed in bed and read an entire book. Then I walked the puppies and washed my car and finally got around to sorting through over 100 emails that I'd been putting off all week. I guess I missed spending time with just me. I don't want to appear that I don't appreciate my host family so most of the time I try to be social with them. Sometimes it's nice to just have time alone- or sometimes just sit in God's presence.

My favourite place at the moment is at Jesus' feet. It really is a safe and comforting place, where I can just lay everything down and worship Him freely- mostly through tears.

Anyway, I'm breaking my social rule now! I should go and either sleep or watch TV with the family.

Hope you are all well. Blessings! xox.

No comments: