Monday, March 07, 2005

My Miracle

Okay, so last week, as a few of you may know, I was a little concerned about being an illegal alien!! Customs, being customs, had given me six months to stay in the country and that ran out yesterday (has it really been that long?)

So when we were getting panicked, okay I was getting panicked and Charlie was his usual laid-back self, Charlie got in touch with the INS and found that they were still processing stuff from December 12th, and my form didn't get there until January 12th. That made us think that it would take a month for them to get through the forms, and well that had me worried cause not only would I not be able to drive (it expired yesterday) but I'd also be illegal, though not able to leave the country cause the government had my white card. All very complicated.

So anyway, Saturday we went to a seminar about Youth work called CORE (very interesting). We got up really early, like 6, and I'd been sick all day Friday so it was very challenging. When we finished the first section Charlie sent me downstairs with Marge and then went up to the front.

We came back from the break and got back to our seats and the speaker started talking. He said something about having an announcement and then he called my name. Can you imagine the look on my face? So I stand up so he can find me (cause my voice wasn't quite 100% due to being sick- plus totally embarrassed) and then he says that I'm going to be an illegal alien from the next day. Everyone cheers.

But then he said that he had something for me. Shock! A VISA! Wahoo. Except that I had to walk up on the stage, embarrassed and still a little weak from sickness. He gave me a hug and then handed me my form. ALL very weird.

So I got my form! YAY! But, Charlie did try to call me Friday night to tell me this and of course I was sick in bed. So then he called Renee and Dawn to tell them and then devised the evil plan to tell me at 6.30 in the morning. Which obviously changed to embarrass me in front of the entire seminar. And this is the second time he's done this to me!!

So that's my Godsend. I know that I was meant to be here simply from the fact that the form actually made it to me. And I can stay until August 1st if I want. Though part of me really wants to go home June 30th. And then of course part of me wants to stay. On going battle.

I know I have other stuff to update you on but I don't think I would do it justice right now. I think I need to eat something. They had icky burgers at youth that weren't chicken! Lol.

Hope you're all well. xo.

No comments: