Monday, February 16, 2009

Untitled

I'm going for a walk tonight with Jenny. I love our walks. We've only been a couple of times, but I always feel better after them - not really for the exercise, though I suppose that is good for me.

It's amazing how much better you feel after a good chat. I'm not really in need of a vent at the minute, but it's still nice to talk. To communicate. I think that's what we're made for. Relationships, friendships, to share love.

It was Valentine's this weekend and I truly felt love. In the run up to the day people were asking what I was doing and I said, "nothing really." When I was single I wanted nothing more than to be in a relationship and make a big deal of it, but now I'm in a relationship I don't need to. It's a big deal every day. In some ways it's just the norm every day. It's strange.

Anyway, Paul made me a card for the day. It said -
I don't do Valentine's day. Is it okay if I just love you everyday instead?

I almost cried. I guess I knew he was romantic. He's very thoughtful and loving and knows me incredibly well. We connect. I didn't expect this though. I thought he wouldn't give me a card- he made me a delicious dinner and we had said it would just be a romantic evening like we could have any other day of the year. The card made all the difference though. He says it was nothing, but to me it's a thing to cherish.

I don't need a card to know that he loves me everyday of course. But it is nice to read it and feel very special and to have renewed faith in the male of the species. I was concerned that I was in a terrible cycle of picking the wrong man! I think I may have got it right. The card was definitely better than flowers or jewellery or any other present I could have gotten from him. Except maybe spending more time with him.

No comments: