Saturday, June 17, 2006

Holidays

So I've now been on holiday for nearly a month. Doesn't feel like that long- and yet it feels like a lifetime since I was at uni. Not very much has happened but I still feel like a completely different person.

I finished my exams on 23rd May. I managed to get in the 60s for all of them- which is impressive cause I really wasn't prepared. Guessing is the best idea it seems.

A lot of my time off has just been me time. I think I've needed it. I got time to work on some creative projects like writing and presents and my scrapbook. It's been great. I think I'd like a balance of the free time and work time. I'm kinda getting bored but I still don't want to go back to uni.

Highlights of my holiday so far have been..
  • Cheryl and Alastair's wedding on 29th May. They both attend my church and are really fun. It's always good to spend time with them. It was so fun singing in the band. We did the Rocky theme during Be thou my vision and we played I'm a believer and Brown eyed girl at the end. Wish worship could be like that every week! I guess we could make it like that, but I think some of the church members would complain if we played the Rocky theme. Maybe for some youth event!
    I also went to the evening event which was fun except that Joyce was teasing me lots. I think she needs a new hobby. It's more annoying when she's actually right about stuff. Anyway, it was a fun night with lots of dancing and I made some new friends cause Aaron's (Aaron being Cheryl's brother) friend Lisa kindly gave me a lift home.
  • During the same week I also went on my first night out in ages to the Limelight. I'm not a big fan of clubs/pubs but I really enjoy dancing so I thought I might as well give it all another chance. It was quite fun- if not scary at points, but I suppose I should expect that. Randomly ran into uni people there- including my lovely friend JT who took some pics for me. Not sure I like the one of me and her though cause I appear to have been laughing when it was taken.
  • I went on a random trip to Bangor for a walk last week with the Roast Club. It was a little bit scary I have to say. I don't think we'll be repeating it but it was great to spend time with the girls and chat about life and of course take lots of pictures. Don't know when I started taking so many pictures.
  • Thursday of this week the Roast Club took another little trip to Newcastle. They made me drive which I didn't appreciate. But I suppose it was good practice. I went a little bit hyper when I got there and pretty much acted like a 5year old. Ice cream, walking on walls, swings, slides, and quacking at ducks! It was great. More pictures were taking- including one by me while I was on a swing. That pic made me feel just a little bit ill. We also went to Julie's house to eat chinese and watch the england match.
  • I have no idea when I became a football fan- it certainly wasn't the first England match cause it was just boring after like the first 6mins. I really can't say, but it seems to fill in some time in the hols and gives me something to talk about. Can't be a bad thing really. Right?
Anyway, that's pretty much everything. Well as much as I'm willing to say right now. Except that we booked our hotel in Rome. Domus Mariae. Looks amazing!!! Can't wait til September.

No comments: