Friday, May 12, 2006

I'm back

I promise that I tried to update before. I just got a little distracted. I decided to read my last post and realised that I had nothing to say.

But I guess I must have something to say. It has been months since I've written.

So, let's see... January... not a nice month. Had exams and was VERY sick with vertigo. Couldn't even sit one of my exams so it's now in August. Grr. But I did sit one and managed to get 76 despite the room spinning. Got 90 in my other module, so it seems I should stick with chem. Darn. Have to say it is quite fun. My uni friends are the best. They keep me laughing all the time and seem to understand that I don't actually know anything about chem!

Got to do some interesting practicals this term. We made aspirin and paracetamol. I also managed to break my first thing, which was a really expensive salt bridge that smashed at my feet and made my shoe go red- silver nitrate is not good for shoes!!

Other than that I've just been having a laugh with them, trying not to fall asleep in lectures, going to work (I actually like working in Topshop) and meeting up with the Roast club.

The Roast Club are a group of us who go to Roast after queens cu. You can only be a member if you actually order stuff with us at the same time. It's a weird thing. So it's me, Claire, Julie and Nat. Neil is an honourary member, but we have to say that cause he pretty much is always there and surrounded by us annoying girls.

The most exciting thing I've done since my last update was go to Florida for 2 whole weeks. It was fab. I got to catch up with everyone and catch some rays. It just felt like I was home- even though I wasn't. I guess it is my second home but I prefer to think of it as my oasis. I miss it when I'm home. I love home too. I love my family, though they drive me insane, and I love my friends- would not know what to do without them- but I miss my family in America too. I have a huge family in America it seems.

Anyway, I feel like I'm only updating to avoid revision. Soon enough I'll have 4 months to think of stuff to write!!

No comments: