Sunday, May 29, 2005

The final curtain..

So I'm back again not knowing what to write. It's not that I've just stopped living, it's just that I don't do much different stuff or I don't know how to describe the stuff I'm doing!

The big points though...
  • Saturday 14 th was Kathy prom night. I didn't get to see her off cause I was away at a church thing but I did get to see lovely pictures and of course was one of many to find out that she was crowned Prom queen. I think it really made her year!
  • Sunday Charlie couldn't be at youth so I had to lead it. HAHAHA. I actually managed to survive- even though we didn't cancel band. If I heard one more person complain about the song choice though!
  • Wednesday we had a pizza party for the preschool class as Thursday was their last day. They graduated on Thursday night. It was quite a cute show, with a lot of singing! They gave me chocolates and a picture of the class. It was weird being at a graduation for 5 year olds. The only other graduation I'd been to was my mum's from queens!
  • Friday night was Kathy's graduation from High school. A slightly less entertaining affair. The evening wasn't going too badly until the speaker got up and gave us a sermon. He talked about acrostics of AWESOME and BIBLE. I did nearly fall off my seat laughing at one stage though. The video found at the link above has been viewed a few times by Charlie and I for use during Middle High VBS. The part that makes me laugh the most is the "hello" part. So when the speaker at the graduation said "hello"(four times!) I found myself laughing a lot more than anyone else.
  • Saturday night we went out to dinner at an Italian restaurant. I decided to be brave (again) and have fish. It was actually quite nice and I had a lot of fun with the family. The best part of course was the dessert. I had chocolate mousse and mmm...It was yummy.

Looking ahead my LAST month will be spend packing (AH, please pray I fit it all in to my suitcases and that it weighs less than the limit!) and of course VBS.

I feel like Vacation Bible School, and our theme Serengeti Trek, has taken over my life. I am a music director, with Charlie, so I get to do a skit with Serengeti Betty and I get to introduce the night and then I get to lead actions! Also I get to spend the entire evening doing the actions with individual groups of kids- at least I'll get lots of exercise. I think I'm going to need some prayer for the week of June 13 th-17 th so that I don't freak out or just stand there when I get stage fright!

No comments: