Thursday, April 14, 2005

mmm...pie...

I just thought that I should inform you all that I made banoffee pie and people actually liked it!! It's impressive I think!

I'm really quite happy tonight. I have no idea why. It really doesn't make sense cause I was kinda homesick this week and had issues, but somehow I've just gotten all light hearted and excited about something. A God thing? I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I'm going to California next week for a Children's conference. I was talking to Pastor Rich about my future plans and how I'm a little unsure and he seems to think this trip is going to cause more confusion. Uh oh.

Perhaps it was the chocolate and pie today, or maybe the fact that that I burnt all of those calories off on the excercise bike that made me happy. Or maybe it's the fact that I read my second chapter of Romans today and I read the first yesterday- thus I'm actually keeping on track with my bible reading. I have to set goals otherwise I just let myself not read.

Over the weekend we went with the youth to the lake house. It was fun apart from the driving and the fact that I kinda felt a bit ill. It was nice to get to know them a bit better and the girls were such an encouragement during small group time. Why can't they be like that all the time?

I guess I should explain why I made banoffee pie- notice how much I like talking about it? Kathy had to make something edible for her European History class that was also something connected with her heritage. Apparently she's partly Irish (isn't every single American??) so we decided to make banoffee pie cause apparently it's Irish, news to me. Anyway, it's so easy to make!!

Also, I gave Renee some of the pie. Actually the whole story is that I told her I had a surprise for her tonight and then when I was giving it to her she nearly snatched it right out of my hand. Of course, I'd promised that I would bring a piece for Margaret so Renee couldn't have it all then. So after Margaret left to get a plate for the pie Charlie told Jen about the pie. He proceeded to say that he doesn't like it due to the fact it has bananas so I produced the chocolate that I had brought for him and Marge to share. Charlie doesn't like sharing food. It took three of us to get Marge some!!

I hate when I say I'm not going to write too much and then I just babble. Hopefully I haven't made you all hungry! If you want the recipe just ask, either that or you can go and buy it at a cafe. Lucky people.

Hope you are all well. xoxo.

No comments: