Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Beauty

I watched supersize vs superskinny last night and once again scared myself. I wonder sometimes if I don't have a tendency towards the eating disorder side of things. Not that I have an eating disorder. I like eating most of the time and I make sure I eat at least my main meals. But sometimes I do seem to have strange habits with food.

I have a strange thing about not liking using a tablespoon to eat breakfast or dessert or a yoghurt. It has to be a tea spoon. (Yoghurt is a very strange word if you look at it too long).

I also can never finish a glass of juice/milk/water at breakfast. It doesn't matter how much I pour out or what it is, I just can't finish it. It drove my mum mad when I was at home.
I also have a bit of a secret eating thing- like I feel very put out if I have planned to be at home for lunch on my own and someone comes home. Like I don't want them to see what I was eating. And yesterday I bought a salad in M&S and they didn't give me a bag so I had to carry it through the shop and I kept thinking "people are going to see what I'm eating!" Which is stupid because a) no one cares, b) it's a salad, and c) I wasn't necessarily buying it for myself.

I do think about food a lot- and I compare my portions in work to other people. My best friend in work is a really fast eater and it completely puts me off as I always finish after her. It makes me feel like I've been a pig or something.

I think it all started after the evil ex episode. After all the horrible stuff and the break up I went through a phase of only really eating when I had to- and the rest of the time trying to not be sick. I often felt faint and I fell down the stairs once because of it. That's when I started to force feed myself. And now it's just habit. I still get hungry at times and have food cravings- which is the only thing that's making me feel normal and gives me hope that I'm not going to fall any further towards an eating disorder. But I can see me going off food if I get upset so I just have to keep that in mind.

And I think I could start to go down the calorie counting, exercise route. Not that I like exercise, but I do tally things off in my mind at times and try and get rid of guilt by going for walks. I would consider myself a normal weight, but slightly heavier than I would like - and I do have a fear that my weight will increase out of my control.

I really do sound mad. And not in the good way.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

yeah ..

you are right.

BEAUTY is more than flesh

--I agree.
nice post.
Tacoma Homes |
Windows 7|
Seattle Family Law

Mia Selfmade Natural said...

That is the truth i find beauty to be inner beauty and everybody has beauty in their own way. Its way more than flesh

Halfbloodpixie said...

I guess the eating habits is like an OCD type of thing, not an eating disorder :)
Hello by the way, liking your blog!

Two and a half men dvd boxset said...

good post! have a nice day!

Hochzeits DJ said...

What true words! Love your blog

CaliGirl1603 said...

Don't worry girl, your not the only one!! My sister and most of my friends are skinny, bikini wearing girls, and IM NOT. I get SO self-conscious when eating around them, that I just fake not being hungry and then feel like I'm starving myself the whole time!! I just wish sometimes I can see myself for the inner beauty that I have instead of the outer flaws that I focus on. But hey, someone out there has it worse!